Message of congratulations to the Chairman and Commander In Chief of SPLA/M IO Dr. Riek Machar Teny For The Recapture of Pagak
Aug 16, 2017(Nyamilepedia) —– I would like to extend my revolutionary congratulations to you, all SPLA/M IO officers and men, for the fall of Pagak, Maiwut, Kaijaak, Mathiang, Malual Gahoth, Malou, Pamach, Thochdeng, Jotome, Kigile and Jekou towns into the hands of gallant SPLA/M IO Forces. With the capture of all these towns, the whole of Adar State is now under full control of SPLA/M IO Forces.
The easy liberation of Adar State from Salva Kiir’s regime is a clear indication that, the government army it now totally demoralized and not ready to fight any more. I now call upon President Salva Kiir to either resign and go home or pursue peaceful settlement of this current conflict. If President Salva decides to choose the path to peace, I recommend that he takes the following lines of action with immediate effect:-
- Dissolve the current government, declare permanent ceasefire and go back to Addis Ababa for another round of peace talks, recommit his government to immediate permanent ceasefire, agree to revive and review the dead 2015 peace agreement with full participation and inclusion of all warring and political parties and start a new genuine implementation of the signed Peace Agreement, beginning with the following points:-
- Total demilitarization of Juba
- Immediate formation, training and deployment of Joint Integrated police to Juba town and other contested towns as per the signed peace agreement.
- Issue a decree to stop operationalization of the thirty two States with immediate effect and form a committee to look into this matter as per the previous IGAD Communiqué
- Immediate establishment of cantonment sites for all SPLA/M IO forces in Equatoria and other towns of South Sudan and provision of all needed logistics for them.
- Reconstitute the parliament and allow the Equatorians to choose a Speaker of their choice without any further manipulation and intimidation as stipulated in the signed peace agreement.
- Reconstitute/establish all institutions of governance as stipulated in the signed Peace Agreement
- Start reform process of all institutions of governance as stipulated in the signed Peace Agreement, beginning with Security Sector Reform.
- Recall all ambassadors, South Sudan Representatives to the United Nations and appoint new ones jointly with other parties as stipulated in the signed Peace Agreement, taking into account tribal, geographical and regional balancing.
- Support immediate and speedy deployment of a regional, neutral protection force to Juba and other disputed towns in South Sudan, so as to facilitate quick return of the First Vice President Dr. Riek Machar back to Juba to assume his responsibilities and continue with the implementation of the signed Peace Agreement. Remember that, there will be no peace in South Sudan without full involvement and participation of Dr. Riek Machar and SPLA/M IO Forces under his command, since we control most parts of South Sudan. His immediate release and full participation in the South Sudan peace process will surely bring lasting peace in our country.
- Stop wasting money on the current national dialogue as this dialogue will not stop the war and bring lasting peace in South Sudan. This dialogue can only be organized after a new peace agreement has been signed.
- Remove military from all roadblocks and check points in the Country and replace them with new trained police, so as to allow free movement of goods and people in and out of the country.
- Lift the state of emergency and allow people leaving the country to go without unnecessary security investigation and clearance.
- Release all individuals who are arrested because of having connections with SPLA/M IO and order the security forces not to arrest, torture or kill any civilians or loot their properties.
- All those who have lost their properties be compensated so that they can rebuild themselves and start a new life.
- Let the military be withdrawn from the SPLA/M IO base at Jebel, so that this base can be rehabilitated before the return of the First Vice President and his forces.
- Dismiss the current so called First Vice President Mr. Taban Deng Gai and his team, as they are the real obstacle to any peace agreement and has no control over SPLA/M IO Forces. Taban is no longer a member of SPLA/M IO and has no SPLA/M IO Forces under his command. He is now part of South Sudan government and uses South Sudan Army to fight SPLA/M IO forces. Therefore, anything to do with SPLA/M IO should not involve him.
- Increase and pay regular salaries of all government employees, who have now stayed six months without pay and are suffering with their families, instead wasting South Sudanese money and civil servants salaries to finance the war.
- The government must stop use of relief food as a weapon against the people of South Sudan. This is a violation of human rights and international humanitarian law.
- Stop using of relief aid as a weapon against SPLA/M IO and allow UN Agencies, humanitarian NGOs and civilians to move and work freely in all parts of South Sudan.
- Respect freedom of press, rule of law and human rights
Once President Salva takes the above mentioned actions, we in SPLA/M IO will respond positively. However, if he continuous to fight with SPLA/M IO, we will soon push him out of Juba militarily.
I now call upon all South Sudanese to join SPLA/MIO so that together, we can quickly get President Salva Kiir out of power, end the suffering of our people, sign a new peace agreement and restore democratic government in South Sudan.
We in SPLA/M IO are ready for peace and have a clear road map for achieving a lasting peace in South Sudan, while President Salva Kiir and his cabinet are busy planning to further extend the their term in office illegally.
Remember that national dialogue, reunification of SPLM and calling for national elections without signing a new peace deal with SPLA/M IO will just be a waste of time. Priority now is to end the war, then all other things will follow. I therefore advise President Salva Kiir to first seek PEACE FOR SOUTH SUDAN then all other things will follow smoothly.
Congratulations for a job well done.
Struggle continues and victory is certain.
Lt. General Wesley Welebe Samson
Deputy Chief of Staff for Training
SPLA/M IO Headquarters
August 16, 2017