INTELLEAK: Proposal To Resuscitate South Sudan Peace Agreement.
Oct 14, 2016(Nyamilepedia) —– Following the collapse of the ARCISS, the Troika is now proposing the following in order to resuscitate the peace agreement.
1. Gen Taban Deng Gai, Gen Paul Malong Awan and many others are anti-peace elements
2. Juba be categorized/divided into two where all forces of each party are to be cantoned one hundred (100) kilometers from Juba city.
3. The SPLM-IO troops be in YEI and Juba’s regime are to be based in TORIT and vice versa.
4. SALVA KIIR and DR RIEK MACHAR will be allowed to have a total number of 100 military personnel in Juba and be based within their buffer zones.
[ad name=”Google Ads 03″]
5. Both of the leaders will only be allowed to move around especially to their respective offices with 5 to 10 soldiers at any one particular time.
6. Regional intervention and protection forces to come to Juba within 45 days of endorsement of these proposals by the parties and the various stakeholders.
7. Salva Kiir and Dr Machar to remain in power untill 2020, WITH THE CONDITION THAT none of them shall contest in the elections thereafter.
8. Hybrid court to be set up soon before June 2017.
9. Jieng Dinka Council of Elders or Jieng Council of Elders (JCE) is to be disbanded and disassociated as soon as possible.
10. Juba to be soon dimilitarized, all forces are to be deployed to the cantonment sites. The supervision of this work will be done by Chad, South Africa, Nigeria and Ethiopia.
11. No Egyptian forces will be part of the regional forces as Ethiopia and Uganda refused their participation in the mission.
12. Khartoum tasked Uganda with role to pressure Juba’s regime to comply with road map to peace once again otherwise.
Consultation on this proposal has been given two weeks.